Friday, September 19, 2008

Mom's visit


We have been very lucky the past week and a half to have my mom here to help. It has been wonderful. Evelyn has loved playing so much with Grandma, housework has actually gotten done, we've eaten really well, and it's just been fun to be able to hang out and visit with my mom.

She's leaving early tomorrow morning, so it will be back to reality for us. I may go into shock that laundry and dishes don't magically get done, and I'll actually be the one to change all of the diapers during the day. But I suppose it will be good to get things more back to "normal," and I know that Mom is ready to get back home. We have sure enjoyed her time here, though.

3 comments:

brinestone said...

I always have a renewed desire to do the laundry and dishes after my mom comes, though, because I see how nice it can be to have it all done all the time. :)

Marie said...

I agree. We'll see how on top of things I actually stay, though. Here's hoping!

Christine said...

The pictures are ADORABLE! And I know what you mean - it's amazing how Mom is able to keep a household running so efficiently. I aspire to be like her.