Thursday, June 24, 2010

Little-known holidays

Did you know that today is International Fairy Day? Or that Saturday is Chocolate Pudding Day? I didn't either, until Evelyn and I read an idea in this month's Friend magazine. There's a page in the middle that gives 20 ideas for things to do this summer, and one idea included celebrating obscure holidays, like Chocolate Pudding Day. I thought it would be fun to google the idea, and I found a website with long lists of holidays, including Hot Dog Night and Gorgeous Grandma Day. So I wrote some of our favorites on a calendar in Evelyn's room, which we're planning to celebrate during the next few months. I think it has a lot of potential to make this summer more interesting. :)
So, for what it's worth, Happy International Fairy Day!


1 comment:

The Coxes said...

How fun!! I'll have to look into that! Kendy :)