Thursday, December 22, 2011

We love Texas...

...because of days like today. Evelyn has been vocally disgruntled at the fact that it is highly unlikely we will have a white Christmas (although we did a couple of years ago, but I think it is extremely rare). Well, I pointed out to her that while we won't have a white Christmas, we did have a day shortly before Christmas with wonderful weather. The kids and I were able to have a picnic lunch in the backyard, and in the afternoon we spent an hour or more playing at the park. It was a lot of fun. And while there are wonderful things about playing in the snow, for today I'll take Texas winter weather over true "wintry" weather.








3 comments:

Suzanne said...

I'd take your weather over our frigidly cold day today, with no snow to compensate, any day. Although I do secretly hope that we have a white Christmas (that only sticks on the grass and up in the mountains, of course, not the roads....yeah, not going to happen). Cute pictures, Marie. Your kids are getting so big!

Cindy said...

My sentiments, exactly!

The Coxes said...

Just remember days like that when August rolls around again... :)