Friday, May 15, 2009

It's all about perspective

I don't love doing laundry, and I probably never will. It is a neverending cycle of washing, drying, folding, putting away, getting clothes dirty and starting all over again. But after a month or so of not having a working washing machine, I was actually excited to do a couple of loads of laundry today. David was able to pick up a washing machine that I found on craigslist yesterday, thanks to his mom driving him in their truck and his dad helping to unload it.
Now, things really weren't as bad as I sometimes felt they were, since we have a laundromat here in the apartment complex and David did a lot of our laundry over at his parents' house as he worked there. But getting a washing machine after being without one for a little while makes me appreciate it all over again. It may not take long before I look at laundry as just another chore again, but right now I'm simply grateful. It's one of those things that's all about the way you look at it.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Laundry is one of my least favorite chores, too. I actually never did the laundry before we had kids, but now it is solely my chore. I definitely take my washer and dryer for granted, though. Laundry would be a much harder chore if I had to lug everything to a laundromat. And what do you do with all those middle of the night throw up or accident incidents (granted, we probably have a lot more middle of the night throwing up than your kids do, but still....). Ewww. Anyhow, thanks for your "perspective" reminder. Congrats on the new washer!