Thursday, September 3, 2009

Sewing

A few months ago I got a sewing machine, and I've had a lot of fun doing a few little sewing projects. I haven't been brave enough to do anything very big, but some of my accomplishments so far include a headband, a cover for my sewing machine, hemming some pajama pants, adding straps to Edison's hat (which he still pulls off in about 5 seconds) and making a pair of shorts for Edison. I made the shorts with a lot of help and guidance from my mom while I was out in Utah, but she made sure that I was actually doing it and she was just advising (at least mostly). It feels great to be gaining confidence and seeing progress with each little thing I do. I'm hoping that this will become a lifetime hobby as I work on it a little at a time. Some of my next projects are altering some of David's work clothes and eventually finishing the living room curtains that I started awhile ago....

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Marie...almost thou doe'st convince me to get out my machine again...

The Coxes said...

Good for you!! Kendy :)