Thursday, August 19, 2010

Funny boy

Edison had his 2-year check up earlier this week, and he is doing great! He is quite a talker, often giving us play-by-play accounts of what he's doing, what he's done or what he's about to do. So I was ready to let him "wow" the doctor with his verbal skills. Well, she asked if he's putting any words together, and just that morning I had counted an 11-word sentence (yesterday he said something about going in an airplane and touching his spotting scope to the sky, which was 15 words). Then the doctor pointed to me, asking Edison to identify me.
"Who is that?"
"Mommy."
"Who is that?"
"Ellolyn." (Evelyn)
"Who is that?"
"Me."
Then he said his name, and as she turned away he said, with a smile on his face, "Daddy calls me Eddy."
He is such a funny little guy, which I feel like I've been saying to describe him ever since he first started smiling and laughing. He often keeps us laughing, and he's got the cutest little impish grin that you can't help but smile back.

2 comments:

Patrick and Michelle Hinckley said...

WOW he is growing so fast! I can;t believe he is talking... I mean he IS Evelyn's brother and your child so I expected as much but WOW We sure miss you guys!

Suzanne said...

He has such a cute little personality (not to mention such a cute little voice!). After seeing him with Darren, I can't wait to see how he interacts with his new little brother. Just one more month! :)